Summer is in full swing and we have lots to cross off our bucket list!
1. Concert in the park – There are sooooo many concerts in the park. My favorite is still the weeknight one in Balboa Park, but I want to check out a couple others since we’re now in a different part of San Diego.
2. Leo Carrillo Ranch – This ranch has been on my radar since we were wedding venue shopping FIVE years ago. It looks like a cool place to check out and they have events throughout the year.
3. Home Depot Kids Workshop – I feel like C is old enough (with supervision) to participate in the monthly kids workshop, so we’ll be checking at least one out.
4. Old Poway Park – I keep hearing the coolest things about this Park. With the train ride, restaurant and farmer’s market we’ll definitely be checking it out this summer.
5. Discovery Museum in Escondido – Similar to the New Children’s Museum downtown, but in North County. We’ll have to see how this one compares.
6. Los Penasquitos Canyon Preserve – This is so close to us now! It would be a fun Saturday morning activity.
7. Make popsicles – Charlotte loooooooves to “help” in the kitchen, so I’m thinking this is an activity right up her alley.
8. Find a go-to pool/splash pad – We have a community pool, but there’s not much to it. We’ll definitely be checking out some of the other pools throughout SD. Especially the ones with kiddie areas and/or splash pads.
9. Beach – We only went once last year, so my goal for us this year is to go twice. We need to get a little beach tent (not umbrella) and then I think we’ll be set.
10. Find a go-to deli in our ‘hood – We had a great one just a few blocks from us when we lived closer to downtown. We’re definitely in need of finding a new one that will be our go-to for deli sandwiches on the weekend.