DIY Sensory Board

January 19, 2015

A “toy” for Charlotte!

 

I saw a DIY sensory board on Pinterest awhile back and I had mentioned it to Matt. Since Charlotte has been into anything and everything lately, he’d been bringing it up again so off to Home Depot we went.

 

I knew of a few things I wanted on the board (carpet squares, numbers, door handles, carabiner and handles to name a few), but everything else was found from walking up and down the aisles. Admittedly we went a little overboard on how much this cost… those items add up!

 

Matt got to work with hammering, (Gorilla) glueing, and screwing the items to the board. Once everything was on the board, it was waaaaay heavy and I could just imagine Charlotte pulling it down with her super-baby strength. So, I did the most natural thing. I drilled it to the wall into studs, so it’s not going anywhere.

 

board1{Some of the supplies.}

 

board2{Matt hard at work.}

 

board3

 

board4{Drilled into the wall and Charlotte-proofed.}

 

sensoryboard{Charlotte oohing and ahhing at the board :)}

 

If we had a garage, I’m sure we could have found 1/2 these items in it, but alas we don’t and I have a fear of clutter, so 90% of these items were purchased. The other 10% were from my craft drawer :)

 


2 Comments

  1. Lauren says:

    Auntie likes that we are starting her in sensory early.

  2. Brooke says:

    So cool!!! I couldn’t tell from the pic, but do you have any little Velcro squares on there? You could then add Velcro squares to stuff for her to stick on and pull off(just an idea one of our baby classes had-my girls liked that!!)

RSS feed for comments on this post.